Re[2]: Web-based translation for GNOME

>> Pootle requires root access to a server, which may not always be
>> available to l10n managers.
> I very much doubt this.  Why did you get such an idea?
> If you're referring to installation, try eg.:
>   $ python setup.py install --prefix=~/.python/
> (and be sure to adjust PYTHON_PATH appropriately)

Well, this _is_ good news.

Does this mean ssh access still required? This should not be a problem in many cases, but since the default hosting plans include php, FTP access, mysql and python scripting, it would be perfect if, in the future, one could install the whole system by web interface/ftp.

There are many complex products (like discussion forums) that can be installed very easily by web interface.

Does pootle already support TM?

Could you kindly tell me the functions pootle has for glossary management?

Thanks.

Aiet Kolkhi
http://www.gakartuleba.org