Re: Re[2]: GNOME Translation in Uighur [ug]: Help needed

ÎÏÎÏ 14/ÎÎÏ/2005, ÎÎÎÏÎ ÎÎÏÏÎÏÎ ÎÎÎ ÏÏÎ 14:14, Î/Î Funda Wang ÎÎÏÎÏÎ:
> Abdurixit> But in this way I can resolve only one of the four different
> Abdurixit> presentation forms.
> Abdurixit> so that I can resolve all the existing forms with one key and it
> Abdurixit> changes from one form to the other according to the previous
> Abdurixit> and next letter in the word as I type.
> If those four different presentation forms have different Unicode
> mapping, you might want to use IME rather than a xkb method. A IME
> method is, you will get international characters while inputting via
> standard en keyboard. A xkb method is something like a piple, which will
> convert what you input directly into corresponding Unicode characters.
>
> The widely used IME platform nowadays are iiimf[1] and scim[2].
> Personally, I don't know whether it is easy or difficult writing a new
> IM under iiimf. AFAIK, with all the language materials provided, you
> can write a new IM under scim within two days.

It shouldn't be to diffucult for IIIMF either. Have a look at
http://anakin.ncst.ernet.in/~aparna/consolidated/x2005.html
I suppose you could start by using Arabic as an example.

No need to compile IIIMF either, as most distros have packages (Fedora,
Debian, Ubuntu, etc).

Simos