Re: [Release notes]What is 100%?

ÎÏÎÏ 09/ÎÎÏ/2005, ÎÎÎÏÎ ÎÎÏÎÏÏÎ ÎÎÎ ÏÏÎ 14:58, Î/Î Vincent van Adrighem
ÎÎÏÎÏÎ:
> Hi all,
>
> The Dutch team has translated the release notes. But even though it's
> 100% on my setup, murrayc and jdub say it's not completely translated.

Where do you get the info for "murrayc and jdub say it's not completely
translated."? Posting? Wiki?

> I'd like to find out why.
> nl.po: 152 translated message, 1 fuzzy translation, 89 untranslated
> messages
>
> I've checked out a fresh copy of the release notes (cvs co
> releng/2.x/2.10rnotes)
> and the xml2po utility (cvs co gnome-doc-utils).
> Installed xml2po on my debian unstable box (to /usr/local).

Good. I suppose they are today's copies.
Did you make sure that the new xml2po is used? Type "which xml2po" as
you may use another older system version.

> entered the directory releng/2.x/2.10rnotes/po and did a make:
> ===================================
>        Translation statistics
> ===================================
> da.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.
> de.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.
> el.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.

I get
242 messages.

> es.po:1486:66: invalid multibyte sequence
> msgfmt: found 6 fatal errors
> et.po: 126 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 33 untranslated
> messages.
> fr.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.
> id.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.
> it.po: 21 translated messages, 139 untranslated messages.
> ja.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.
> nb.po: 35 translated messages, 7 fuzzy translations, 118 untranslated
> messages.
> nl.po: 159 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation.
> pa.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.
> pt_BR.po: msgfmt: pt_BR.po: warning: Charset missing in header.
>                            Message conversion to user's charset will not
> work.
> msgfmt: too many errors, aborting
> sq.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.
> sr.po: 56 translated messages, 11 fuzzy translations, 93 untranslated
> messages.
> sv.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.
> th.po: 151 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 8 untranslated
> messages.
> uk.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.
> zh_TW.po: 152 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 7 untranslated
> messages.
>
> The total number of translations seems to be 160. And nl.po is almost
> done (1 fuzzy). Is there anything I'm missing here? I'd really
> appreciate some help.
>
> If anyone can shed any light on the matter, I'd be really grateful.

I tried just now and I got:

===================================
       Translation statistics
===================================
da.po: 242 translated messages.
de.po: 241 translated messages, 1 untranslated message.
el.po: 242 translated messages.
es.po: es.po:283:55: invalid multibyte sequence
es.po:392:45: invalid multibyte sequence
es.po:1064:2: invalid multibyte sequence
es.po:1202:9: invalid multibyte sequence
es.po:1430:51: invalid multibyte sequence
es.po:1486:66: invalid multibyte sequence
msgfmt: found 6 fatal errors
et.po: 212 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations, 28 untranslated
messages.
fr.po: 242 translated messages.
id.po: 241 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation.
it.po: 63 translated messages, 178 untranslated messages.
ja.po: 240 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations.
nb.po: 76 translated messages, 7 fuzzy translations, 159 untranslated
messages.
nl.po: 160 translated messages.
pa.po: 241 translated messages.
pt_BR.po: 227 translated messages, 14 untranslated messages.
sq.po: 241 translated messages.
sr.po: 105 translated messages, 17 fuzzy translations, 120 untranslated
messages.
sv.po: 242 translated messages.
th.po: 216 translated messages, 26 untranslated messages.
uk.po: 241 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation.
zh_CN.po: msgfmt: zh_CN.po: field `Project-Id-Version' still has initial
default value
msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
zh_TW.po: 241 translated messages.

There is some housekeeping that needs to take place, such as fixing the
header for zh_CN.po, converting from iso-8859-1 to utf-8 for the Spanish
translation. Also, ISDN can be fixed without translation intervention.

Would it be ok if I touched these?

Simos