Re: Translating release notes

Hey,

> That should be about it. A good place for tips (the place where I learnt
> all of these) is, of course, #gimp

>From the Jeff Waugh 'School of GIMP', I received the following which
doesn't use the drop shadow plugin -

o Add an Alpha Channel to the image
o Image > Canvas Size
  - Add about 50px on each side [so add 100px vertically and 100px horizontally]
o Right click, Alpha to selection
o Right click, Layer to image size
o New transparent layer
o Shrink selection by 5px [making sure you turn off the shrink from image border checkbox]
o Feather by 20px
o Fill selection with black [drag foreground colour over image]
o Deselect [Ctrl+Shift+a]
o Choose the move tool, and move the shadown down 8px, right 8px
o Change shadow layer's transparency to 50%
o Layer to image size the shadow layer
o Shift shadown layer below the screenshot
o Choose the crop tool
o Select the entire image with the crop tool, click auto shrink, click crop
o Either flatten it to get a background colour or merge the layers to keep it transparent

which is obviously more complicated, but tends to lead to better results
[apparently].

Glynn