Re: Translating release notes

ÎÏÎÏ 22/ÎÎÎ/2005, ÎÎÎÏÎ ÎÏÎÏÎ ÎÎÎ ÏÏÎ 13:03, Î/Î Davyd Madeley ÎÎÏÎÏÎ:
> On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 10:36 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > > Besides i'm wondering if it's possible to prepare a gimp script-fu and
> > > give them to translators in order to make localized screen shots of the
> > > ones in what's new section of release notes. Or is it only drop shadow
> > > and fuzzy edges?
> >
> > Davyd?
>
> Everything I use for screenshots is available with the standard Gimp
> package. I'm going to try and write down some notes on what I did to
> capture each image.
>
> Shouldn't be anything too hard I imagine.

I can figure out most of the work
(http://www.livejournal.com/users/simos74/32918.html) but one piece is
missing.

1. You use GIMP to take the screenshots.
2. You add an alpha channel
2. You crop/remove the part that is not needed so there is nice
transparency to whatever is left out.
4. You select the image.
5. You apply the ScriptFu plugin "Drop Shadow".

The part I am missing is how you make the blending in, with
transparency. Especially usefull if you do not want to show the whole
window but part of it.

Simos