Re: Translating release notes

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 15:39 +0330, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 09:28 +0100, Danilo Åegan wrote:
> > That is an issue.  How about sorting them by number of speakers instead?
>
> The number of speakers of a language is "very" controversial, you know.
> For example, there's been a huge controversy going about the number of
> Azerbaijani speakers in Iran. When the people who talk about it are
> serious, the range goes from 17M to 36M.

We've had these discussions several times and the numbers we now have a
are a result of this.

While the number of speakers of a language in one country might be
controversial, I've never seen any big fuss about the worldwide counts
in our release notes. Not a problem.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com