Re: Weekly translation status for Gnome 2.12

fre 2005-06-03 klockan 20:33 +0200 skrev Terance Edward Sola:
> fre, 03,.06.2005 kl. 04.35 +0200, skrev danilo gnome org:
> > Translation status changes from 2005-05-26 to 2005-06-02.
> > Total message count has changed from 40565 to 33034.
> >
> > Average change during this period was -0.990%.
> >
> > Top 5 movers of the week:
> >   * Chinese Simplified (up 13.44%, now supported)
> >   * Macedonian (up 7.23%, partially supported)
> >   * Norwegian Bookmal (up 2.68%, supported)
> >   * Bulgarian (up 1.81%, supported)
> >   * Malayalam (up 1.29%, unsupported)
>
> I think it would be useful to have stats for HEAD as well. Would it be a
> lot of work to hack it up for HEAD as well, or do people think it's not
> useful since stuff in extra/office/fifth-toe isn't part of the GNOME
> core?

IMO that's basically the case, yes. Having statistics by mail for the
core GNOME release makes a lot a sense. Having statistics by mail for
every single application out there that happens to use GNOME CVS is
probably overkill. Some application in extras might not even work, while
some others are very mature. The point is that extras is in many ways a
moving target with the modules varying very much in quality, so whether
the status is 80% or 90% or 85% should not be very relevant, at least
not relevant enough in my opinion to warrant emailed statistics on the
list.

But that's just my opinion.