Re: Language switcher applet

Yavor Doganov wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:46:50 -0400, Germán Poó Caamaño wrote:

In previous versions of GNOME it was possible to run a application
(o create a launcher) as "LANG=es_US fo". However it was disabled
around 2.2 o 2.0 (I guess to avoid any security issue as LD_PRELOAD
or so).

LANGUAGE=es foo
Provided that you have the locale generated and the .mo files in place.

This change from LANG to LANGUAGE (actually LANGUAGE takes precedence over LANG)
cost me some evenings trying to figure out what's going on.
Is this a GNOME feature or a distro issue?
First found this new behaviour happening with Ubuntu Linux (Warty).

Simos
Greek Team
http://www.gnome.gr/