Re: Language switcher applet

Hi,

Simos Xenitellis <simos74 gmx net> writes:

> This change from LANG to LANGUAGE (actually LANGUAGE takes precedence
> over LANG)
> cost me some evenings trying to figure out what's going on.
> Is this a GNOME feature or a distro issue?

It is a GNU extension of gettext. From gettext(3):

  If the LANGUAGE environment variable is set to a nonempty
  value, and the locale is not the "C" locale, the value of
  LANGUAGE is assumed to contain a colon separated list of locale
  names.  The functions will attempt to look up a translation of
  msgid in each of the locales in turn. This is a GNU extension.

Sven