From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh farsiweb info>
To: Adi Attar <adi canonical com>
Subject: Re: Xhosa GNOME translation project
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:52:11 +0330

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 19:47, Adi Attar wrote:
> Xhosa (one of the local South African languages).

May I ask which are the countries who have a significant Xhosa speaker
community and which scripts it is written in? Apart from South Africa
and Latin of course.

Well, I need this for the Unicode CLDR project
(http://www.unicode.org/cldr/), for the currently very incomplete list
of needed locales (search for <languageData> at
http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/locale/common/main/supplementalData.xml). It basically where (in terms of ISO 3166 territories) languages are spoken, either as a major speaker community or an official language.

I've tried to provide a a better but still far from complete list at a
bug report, which is at
<http://www.jtcsv.com/cgibin/locale-bugs/data?id=471>. Everybody can add
information to the bug using the "reply" mechanism, of course.

roozbeh