Re: Prioritizing translations

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 16:24 +0330, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 13:31 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > This is only of very limited usefulness. In order to catch
> > user-visible messages, you would have to use the program in a typical
> > way. Otherwise you will not run into the code that generates dialogs
> > (and that's where the really important strings are). Rather
> > unimportant strings like for example the descriptions of object
> > properties will however show up as important since their gettext()
> > call is typically executed at application startup, even though no user
> > will ever see those strings.
>
> I see. Then we probably need something like that at the UI level also.
>
> But this is far better than the previous "nothing". This is clearly
> "something".

I agree!

One other problem I have seen is that applications that make use of some
form of XML GUI designer often request all those strings when the dialog
is first built.  So you log more then are actually visible.

I think its documented in the manual but you will also need to run
msguniq over the resultant log as it logs whenever a string is
requested.

--
Dwayne Bailey <dwayne translate org za>
Translate.org.za