Re: Context in translations, Q_() and gettext

Matthias Clasen wrote:
On 12/21/05, James Henstridge <james jamesh id au> wrote:
.
One issue with this change is that current xgettext releases probably
won't extract strings for the Q2_() form.

Ah, you are right. We would have to do some extrs step, like extractig
the Q2 calls and convert them to Q  in an auxiliary file, and feed
that to xgettext.

What about the --keyword=WORD switch in xgettext? Can't Q2_ simply be listed with that?

-k, --keyword[=WORD]
       additional  keyword  to be looked for (without WORD means not to
       use default keywords)

       (only languages C, C++, ObjectiveC, Shell, Python,  Lisp,  Emac-
       sLisp,  librep,  Scheme,  Java,  C#,  awk,  Tcl, Perl, PHP, GCC-
       source, Glade)

I recall using this for some kind of a keyword a looong way back, too long to remember for sure.

Regards, Mart Raudsepp, who's using "Replay All" this time, and is only subscribed to gtk-devel