Re: Context in translations, Q_() and gettext
- From: James Henstridge <james jamesh id au>
- To: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- Cc: gnome-i18n gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- Subject: Re: Context in translations, Q_() and gettext
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:02:29 +0800
Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
>On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 16:01 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>The important thing to get started soon is the conversion
>>Q_("foo|bar") -> Q2_("foo", "bar")
>>so that we are done with that when the time is ripe to rely on msgctxt.
>Yeah. Fortunately this happens in very few places in GTK+. I don't
>know about the rest of GNOME.
One issue with this change is that current xgettext releases probably
won't extract strings for the Q2_() form.
>>glib requires ngettext. We don't define a shorthand macro for that,
>>though, and N_() is already taken for noop...
>P_() for plural? :)
Does ngettext() need a shorthand? You use it so infrequently, a short
macro is likely to just obfuscate things.
] [Thread Prev