Re: ok, how to do an translation? :)

On 15/11/2005, at 3:09 AM, dejot wrote:

sorry again for my ignorance ... -.- (i hate it not to know how to do
something ...)

ok. here's my question then: How can i translate an application. I read
some of the textes and know that i need the *.pot-files and create a
de.po file for german translation. But i dont know how to get it without
an cvs-account.

Sorry to catch this mail so late.

dejot, here are some helpful links about translating:

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/guide/start

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/

Willkommen zum Gnome Ãbersetzung Projekt! [1]

You can ask any questions here. I do, and nobody's thrown rotten tomatoes (yet). [2]

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)

[1] "Welcome to the Gnome Translation Project!" in German, courtesy of the Mac OSX translation widget ;)

[2] File transfer protocol still in development.