Re: ANN: Gnome Locale Support and Development list

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 P draigBrady com wrote:

python, java, ...

I'm a bit worried that this is being done in gnome actually.
I can see why, but I would love to see exactly this incorporated
into glibc, or the existing stuff extracted from glibc and
merged with the CLDR data into a seperate package
without gnome dependencies.

In fact that's EXACTLY the plan.  No GNOME dependency, stuff
extracted from glibc and merged with the CLDR data into a
separate package, and pushing it into Python and free Java
implementations.

Great!

That's all being discussed in detail on the
list, just look at the archives.

I'll browse the archives and join the list.

thanks,
Pádraig.