Re: ANN: Gnome Locale Support and Development list

danilo gnome org wrote:
We have created a list for discussing of locale-related functionality in
GNOME, and creating a library, mostly using the Unicode CLDR
information, which is not available in glibc locale files. The CLDR data
is currently used in Sun's OpenOffice.Org, IBM's ICU, and Apple's Mac
OS X

python, java, ...

I'm a bit worried that this is being done in gnome actually.
I can see why, but I would love to see exactly this incorporated
into glibc, or the existing stuff extracted from glibc and
merged with the CLDR data into a seperate package
without gnome dependencies.

I just hate seeing duplication of code/effort
and also a lot of data in this case.

Note to see the fields in the glibc locale
database, one can do:

locale | cut -d= -f1 | xargs locale -kc | less

--
Pádraig Brady - http://www.pixelbeat.org