Re: Screenshots for the documentation, a question

Today at 18:48, Shaun McCance wrote:

> Gnome's screenshot tool does a much better job with rounded corners.
> It actually makes them round, with transparency and all.  It's very
> simple, and it does pretty much exactly what we need it to do.  All
> you have to do is hit Alt+PrintScreen to get a screenshot of the
> focused window.

I have a launcher on my panel that runs "gnome-screenshot --window
--delay 4" (delay is very useful when you want to do some activity
that needs to be shown), and another for "gnome-screenshot --delay 4".

> The Gnome Documentation Style Guide specifies that screenshots should
> NOT have a drop shadow or other visual adornments.  So people taking
> screenshots using gnome-screenshot should open gconf-editor and make
> sure /apps/gnome-screenshot/border_effect is set to none.

Hey, but I love the drop shadow ;-)

Anyway, lets add

  gconftool-2 -s /apps/gnome-screenshot/border_effect -t bool 0

to screenshooting instructions.

Is there a Wiki page for all of this?

Cheers,
Danilo