Re: msgfmt?

On 09/08/2005, at 9:45 PM, Ross Golder wrote:

On à., 2005-08-09 at 16:44 +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:

Hi guys :)

I submitted an updated file today, and fortunately the commit check
caught a variable which hadn't been changed.

But my msgfmt check turned up clean. I find this very puzzling, since
the variable was definitely wrong.

What version of gettext are you using?

Good catch, Ross. It looks like when I updated fink, I lost my gettext 0.14.4, and it defaulted back to 0.10.4! I'm reinstalling it now. (I did wonder where my translation of it had gone to...)

This should fix the problem.

I just checked, the version of gettext running on container for the commit check is 0.11.4. I didn't realise it was that ancient!

container should definitely be running something later. :(

I just tried to rebuild a more recent one (from FC4's 0.14.3 SRPM), but
it's not playing nicely with the older auto* environment on the
gnome.org servers (and I don't fancy upgrading all that too just to
rebuild a gettext RPM!).

All the same, we need to be getting the same results on msgfmt, or the checks are going to conflict and cause more problems.

CCing infrastructure: Consider this a 'todo' item to upgrade gettext on
container. Or, arrange to get the machines upgraded to RHEL4 (or
anything more up-to-date than bloody RHEL3!!!).

Seconded. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)