Re: (re)enable CVS commit-time check for validity of po files?

On 8/4/05, Ross Golder <ross golder org> wrote:
> > Any reason the commit-time check is not performed anymore?  I see
> > the necessary bits available in CVSROOT, but apparently they are
> > being used.
>
> Anyone know why this is disabled? Does anyone object to (or even
> endorse) this commit-time check being re-enabled?

It was rumored that the check is disabled because the old GNOME CVS
machine can't handle the load, and gettext installed in that machine is
an ancient one. Since it is already migrated to a new shiny machine,
there is little reason not to re-enable it.

Abel