Re: erratic commit records?

Adam, thankyou very much for your helpful reply. :)

On 30/04/2005, at 12:59 AM, Adam Weinberger wrote:

Your problem is Step 3. By running cvs up, you overwrite the po file you've just edited. Try the following steps instead:

1. cvs co {-r gnome-2-10} module/po
2. cd module/po
3. edit your_translation.po, ChangeLog
4. cvs commit

Some of the files are large, so it can be quite a while between checkout and commit. Don't I need to update before committing, somehow? Otherwise the ChangeLog on my machine will be out-of-date, will conflict with the ChangeLog on gnome (I think...).

I appreciate your advice very much. This has been so frustrating.

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhÃm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

á thÃnh phá Renmark, tái mián sÃng cáa Nam Ãc