Re: New team for Tigrinya_Eritrea (ti_ER)

lör 2005-04-16 klockan 05:22 -0700 skrev Simon Mebrahtu:
> Hello guys!!
>
> Am here by announcing a new Tigrinya_Eritrea(ti_ER)
> team.
>
> Team Leader: Simon Mebrahtu
> E-mail: simesoft (at) yahoo (dot) com
>
> official website for this project will be
> http://tinux.sourceforge.net and for the time being,
> until i finish setuping up the sf project page, the
> e-mail shown above will be used as an official e-mail
> of the project. Regarding project mailing list, I have
> already contacted the sourceforge guys and I'll send
> it to this mailing list as soon as i get a reponse
> from the sf guys.
>
> Any one interested in this project is always welcome
> to join us!!!

Is written Tigrinya in Eritrea very much different from Tigrinya spoken
in other places? I.e. would your translations be of little use to
Tigrinya readers outside of Eritrea?

The reason why I am asking is that we normally only allow country-
specific language translation teams if the same language very much
differs from one country to the next, and if the users of said language
would be better served with seperate translation efforts, and such
seperate efforts exist.

So, what is the situation for Tigrinya? Is written Tigrinya more or less
the same in all countries where it is used, or would written Tigrinya
from Eritrea be very much incomprehensible to a Tigrinya user from
elsewhere?
In the first case, we should probably have a single Tigrinyan team. In
the second case, seperate Tigrinyan may perhaps be necessary.