Re: gnome-applets string freeze breakage

Hi David,

Today at 12:07, David Fraser wrote:

> Speaking as an outsider, this sparked off an idea for me:
> There could be a macro defined, say
> _should_be_translated_but_in_string_freeze_
> This would be defined to just return the string, but would plainly

Actually, if there was such a macro, we'd want it to call gettext on
the string, but not to be extracted by intltool.  This would mean
that some daring translators could have patched-up copies of intltool
which would extract this as well, and then translate it.

But, the name of the macro you propose is inappropriate: it would be
much better to be something like
  "_not_important_enough_to_break_string_freeze" :)

Yet generally, I don't think we need that, since this sort of problem
is already solved with branches :)

Cheers,
Danilo