Re: Translation Memory

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 21:03, Aiet Kolkhi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as the people participating in my l10n projects sometimes use
> different platforms/translation software, it would be nice to have a
> common translation database we could use to partially automate the
> translation process.
>
> Does anyone have experience in creating a platform-independent
> translation database that could be used by PO translation tools?
>
> Or maybe someone knows of any PO tool that supports TMX format?

Hi Aiet,

Heartsome (www.heartsome.net) has platform independent tools (Linux,
Windows and Mac) that support POT/PO files and also TMX (Level 1 and
Level 2).

You can try the free LITE version of Heartsome XLIFF Translation Editor
or request a trial of the standard version. LITE does not support TM
databases (only the commercial version does).

If you like the tools, send a message to tech heartsome net and copy me.
I will try to facilitate full versions (or maybe custom versions) to
your team.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya <rmraya maxprograms com>
Maxprograms