Re: translators tried hard but...

On Ma, 2004-09-21 at 20:35 -0300, Nikos Charonitakis wrote:
> According to the schedule translators could commit until early days of
> Septemper but as i can see some applications were released for Gnome
> 2.8 with build dates 30 of june or ealier (gnome-terminal, gucharmap).
> Maintainers should build these packages  again in order to include
> latest updated   translations.

I second that. This is also the situation for a lot of libs. As far as I
know, for gtk+, for example, the latest release was 2.4.9. Which was
released on August 25. And gnome 2.8 was released on September 15. This
means that *a lot* of translations (or updated translations) for gtk+
will not be present in the gnome 2.8 official tarballs (this is also the
situation for the romanian updated translation of gtk+, made by Misu
Moldovan).

*All* the tarballs should be created on the release day. Otherwise,
please be more specific about the period that we should commit our
translations. Because we are not translating for statistics, we are
translating for the people. Thank you.