Re: GTP Logo Revamped

Hi Metin,

Here're my two cents ;-)

First, let me state that I like the logo very much.  Perhaps 5 or 6
too many colours for my taste (I prefer logos which are at their best
even in black-and-white print-outs; btw, I counted 7 colours, so
that's what I mean with "5 or 6 too many" ;-).

Today at 17:17, Metin Amiroff wrote:

> After tons of suggestions and feedback I now came up with the latest
> version which is:
>
>   - Polished (rough edges removed)
>   - Has missing continents in it now

I understand the need to get all the continents in, but I don't
consider it crucial.  The idea is that logo *symbolizes*
multinationality and multilinguality (word?), not that we put all the
countries on it.  I wouldn't mind at all if Serbia was entirely
stripped out, but that's probably hard since others would mind (since
it would mean stripping their countries as well; hey, we've learned in
primary school that "Serbia has a strategic geographical position,
and many important roads and connections pass through it"; I suppose
everybody learns something like that about their own countries in
elementary-school geographics ;-).

FWIW, if people really insist on getting more stuff on, perhaps you
should add some globe-like distortion?

>   - Has GNOME Translation Project Title

Please use sans-serif font for the title.  Serif fonts are commonly
useful only for long-texts, since serifs are useful when eyes read
long lines of text.  Of course, they're sometimes useful for titles,
but only at large sizes: they'll distort quickly at small sizes, and
we want logo to be useful at (almost) any size).

> Simple versions: http://www.amiroff.com/drafts/logo_simple.png
> Shadowed version: http://www.amiroff.com/drafts/logo_shadow.png
> SVG file: http://www.amiroff.com/drafts/logo.svg

SVG file seems to run into some problems for me[1].  Perhaps my
libsvg is not recent enough?

Cheers,
Danilo

[1]http://kvota.net/~danilo/gtp-logo-svg.png