Re: New team for Iranian Azerbaijani (az_IR)

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 16:38, Danilo Åegan wrote:
> Today at 13:01, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
>
> > I believe that the translations for "az" should be separated into az_AZ
> > and az_IR. I can't recommend a default "az"... [snip]
>
> What about compatibility issues?  Can anyone estimate the effect
> changing az to az_AZ would have on existing "az" users?

I don't know about the possible compatibility issues. Would you mention
a few practical cases?

We should be general when a team is started (Iranian Persian is readable
to Afghan speakers, so we only have one "fa" team for now) but fix
mistakes later (current Persian files should be renamed to "fa_IR" and a
new "fa_AF" created when volunteers are found and the vocabulary is
proved to be non-unifiable).

roozbeh