Re: New team for Sinhala (si)

tis 2004-10-12 klockan 14.17 skrev harshula:
> > > Lanka Linux User Group is spearheading a project to translate various
> > > Free Software projects to Sinhala Language.  We have made good progress
> > > on the GTK/GNOME front.  We like to officially get involved with GTP.
[...]
> > Just as a note: The ISO 3166 calls this language "Sinhalese" in English
> > (http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html#st), so that is the
> > spelling that I'll use throughout.
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> We have already noted the error in ISO 3166 and it should be corrected
> by the Sri Lankan Standards body soon. Once the ISO 3166 standard has
> been corrected, will it be trivial to revert all the usages of
> "Sinhalese" to to the correct word - "Sinhala"?

It's certainly doable. A little help with reminding me/us of doing it in
all places wouldn't hurt, when/if the ISO 3166 standards body changes
its recommendation.

These are the places the language names are used in GNOME, off the top
of my head:

* The si po files. I assume you'll write the English language name the
way you prefer it in there.
* http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html
* http://www.gnome.org/i18n/ (there are no si translations in any
released stable GNOME version, so it's not listed there yet)
* http://bugzilla.gnome.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=l10n
* http://l10n-status.gnome.org/ (there are no si translations in GNOME
CVS yet, so it's not listed on the status pages yet)
* GDM, the GNOME login screen software (there are no si translations in
GNOME CVS yet, so there's no point in requesting a language entry for si
in GDM yet)
* Possibly other software having a list of languages