Re: nautilus 2.8 string freeze break request

tis 2004-10-12 klockan 17.13 skrev Alexander Larsson:
> Is it ok to commit this patch on the 2.8 branch? (well, on HEAD, since
> Nautilus isn't branched yet).
>
> It adds the strings:
> "Open New _Window"
> "Open another Nautilus window for the displayed location"

Having a little more background information, that provides some clue as
to how important a patch is considered to be and why, always helps...
I'll use the word "I assume" more than I'd like to in the following.

If this patch fixes an important regression, then it has my approval for
breaking the string freeze. My reasoning is that these are only two
messages, and that since it appears to be a regression, most languages
who have had Nautilus fully translated previously will have these
messages already translated in their translations. Also, regressions are
bad for the users, and the 2.8.2/2.8.x release/releases are the time to
fix regressions if they haven't been already.

The approval is given under the condition that you'll let translators
know when the patch has been committed to CVS, so that translators know
when they may need to update their translations.

Thanks,