Re: Proposal: Translator comments for GLADE and schema files inseparate file

> > One way around this would be to add a feature to intltool that
> > extracts all the translatable strings from the XML files and writes
> > them to a file, say, "translatable-strings.h". This file isn't used
> > for anything when compiling, but since the strings here are
> > encapsulated in C code, it's possible to add translator comments,
> > which intltool-update will pick up and put in the pot.
>
> Isn't this exactly how intltool-update XML string extractions already
> works?

I dunno. If intltool already makes these files, my point is to tell
developers to put their translator-comments there when needed, thus
adding comments to troublesome GLADE strings.

--
Åsmund Skjæveland <aasmunds@fys.uio.no>