Re: Proposal: Translator comments for GLADE and schema files inseparate file

sön 2004-03-21 klockan 20.09 skrev Åsmund Skjæveland:
> > > One way around this would be to add a feature to intltool that
> > > extracts all the translatable strings from the XML files and writes
> > > them to a file, say, "translatable-strings.h". This file isn't used
> > > for anything when compiling, but since the strings here are
> > > encapsulated in C code, it's possible to add translator comments,
> > > which intltool-update will pick up and put in the pot.
> >
> > Isn't this exactly how intltool-update XML string extractions already
> > works?
>
> I dunno. If intltool already makes these files, my point is to tell
> developers to put their translator-comments there when needed, thus
> adding comments to troublesome GLADE strings.

In the case of XML files, the .h files are generated on the fly by
intltool, so intltool needs to support comment extraction itself.

In the case of Glade files, most developers in my experience usually
want to use tools for creating the Glade interfaces and Glade files.
Having to manually edit the Glade files after that is generally not
practical nor feasible. If the tool is broken, the tool should be fixed.