Credits from commit logs (Re: GNOME 2.6 Desktop & Developer Platform Release Candidate 1 (2.5.92))

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 12:18:41PM +0200 or thereabouts, Metin Amiroff wrote:
> It's not a big problem but it seems that names that are used
> in Release Notes are directly taken from CVS logs, thus they must be
> UTF-8 encoded. Actually the document is correctly encoded but names are
> _not_. Just look at the last sentence of Release Notes :)

One problem with taking them from commit logs: are you taking
them from the name of the committer, or from names mentioned in
the logs, or from the translator_credits/translator-credits
entry in the files, or from the Last-Translator field of the po
files?

Because my name was in the release notes for several of those
modules where all I did was commit others' work. And say so
in the commit log and the po/Changelog. I didn't even check
the translator-credits (I shall now!), let alone add my name
in there.

I'd like to make sure that their names and not mine appear for
the final release. I can provide a list, but where should it
go; and can we figure out a foolproof way to do this in the
future?

I'm on a typo-and-consistency rampage atm, so I am leaving
inky fingers (keystrokes?) all over files, but it certainly
doesn't mean I translated them :)

Telsa