Turkmen team

Hi all,

I'm ghoban from turkmen team. in last days we saw
some discussions about turkman, sudan and albanin
translations and changing thier coordination to
another.

I believe that albanian team works nice. but turkmen
team is too yong.
its life is only 1.5 monthes. parhaps our translation
progress shows nothing ing GTP list. but we must did
somethings befor our translation.

for example:

  * creating a keyboard layout for xkb. turkmen
    language hadn't any keyboard defination before.
    then we made a keyboard layout for xkb.we studied
    about 30 turkemn books and after running some C
    codes with text versions of this books we analyzed
    the results statisticaly. and we find the best
    arangement of keys in keyboard for speedy typing.
  * making a small dictionary for our tranlsations.
    thus translation of our members will be similar.
  * in this few time we eduacte all members for orking
    with gettext and intltool and we explanation them
    the translation rules.

and some things about our team and i:
  * i am a university student. i worked about
     * equip the some university labs with gnu/linux.
     * writing the main program of university's
       central library with gcc [it is free
       and will be opensource]. i decide to put its
       source in www for all libs in world who wants
       opensource technology.
     * developing a powerfull FarsiTeX(a LaTeX clone
       typesetting system for persian users developed
       by Roozbeh Pournader, one of members of GTP)
       editor for physics department of university.
       this editor is under active development.
     * and many projects for personal experiments with
       gcc, gpc, freepascal,php
  * we have three linguistic experts. two of them are
    MSc graduates and one of them has phd. these
    members are working for choosing best turkmen
    words for our needs in GTP.
  * there are 5 programming experts in our team. our
    members would be more than today after our public
    meeting at 23'th march.
  * we are in contact with all turkmen departments for
    using linux and gnome in their works. we try to
    convince the turkmenistan government too.
  * all of our group members is volunteer individuals.
    most of them are university students. and most
    important thing about our group is that we are all
    turkmens.

then i want Christian to let us to continue our work.
we predict to complete 50% of translation in next 3
monthes. after it we can work most speedy.

finally i am thankful for Mr. Erdal and his group for
their attention to our nation. but let us to continue
our work. there are many languages and nations in
entire world haven't GTP team. you cen help this
nations. and if you realy want to work on turkmen
translation you can help us.

sincerely