Re: Turkmen team

Hi Ghorban,

Ghorban Mohamad Tavakkoli <gmtavakkoli@yahoo.com> writes:

> I believe that albanian team works nice. but turkmen
> team is too yong.
> its life is only 1.5 monthes. parhaps our translation
> progress shows nothing ing GTP list. but we must did
> somethings befor our translation.

You don't need to explain anything -- you *ARE* the coordinator for
Turkmen team, and your enthusiasm and willingness to work on
translations are nothing but a recommendation.

In short, no need to worry, just keep on doing on what you planned on
doing.

>   * making a small dictionary for our tranlsations.
>     thus translation of our members will be similar.

(A bit of self-promotion can't hurt, right? :)

If you care, I wrote a software using PHP/MySQL (most common setup, I
actually prefer Python and Postgres for programming, but this was
installed on a system I don't have full control of) for keeping up
dictionary on the web.  Everyone can register easily, and suggest
translations, or vote for others' suggestions.  At any point,
coordinator is able to mark any suggestion of a word as "official
translation".

If you like the idea, you may try it from CVS (it's rough in many
places, but it's already useable):
  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.kvota.net:/cvs/i18n co webtionary

I'll be glad to help with installing (there are a lot of crappy spots
and hard-coded values which might need changing), but be sure to
send that as personal e-mail (not via this list).

>   * we have three linguistic experts. two of them are
>     MSc graduates and one of them has phd. these
>     members are working for choosing best turkmen
>     words for our needs in GTP.

This probably means you might not need the above software, though it
might still be useful -- they can be "coordinators" above who are
able to mark words as "official".

> then i want Christian to let us to continue our work.
> we predict to complete 50% of translation in next 3
> monthes. after it we can work most speedy.

Again, no need to worry -- you're in charge, and do whatever you
think is best.  Coordinator position for Turkmen was open for a very
long time, and there's no rush in changing it now.

Cheers,
Danilo