Re: Translation of numeric values (application gnome-schedule)

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 10:21 +0100, David O'Callaghan wrote:

> > >This is as hard as [raw crontab] to understand
> >
> > No, it isn't. Au contraire, I think it's easier to understand than both
> > the raw crontab and your example, which is a long and winding sentence
> > that I have to read slowly and carefully to be sure that I understood
> > correctly. The above table, on the other hand, is fairly easy to read:
> > The important parts are visually separated and easy to see, with proper
> > numbers, and not mungled into a long and tedious sentence.

> Just jumping in here: it might help to include a "next run" field, for
> the example above it would read Tuesday, 2004-08-03 02:01:00 (localised
> appropriately). Someone editing the "at this hour/minute/day" fields
> would see the "next run" field update and this would hopefully make
> errors easier to spot.

The next-run field sounds like a good suggestion indeed

I only fear that we are cluttering the treeview. So perhaps in a hint or
in the record editing-screen we will put this.

However, Unless somebody jumps on this, it will not make it to the first
release. We are at this moment in a feature-freeze and a release is
coming closer everyday. The reason for that is that we are in need for
users to both report bugs and make suggestions like yours.

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org