Re: Guikachu branch

Abel Cheung <deaddog@deaddog.org> writes:

> Guikachu maintainer expects the opposite. It has already been told that
> we won't likely see gnome 2 branch released soon (or at least during
> this year), and development is still concentrated on HEAD.

Which means that translators who work on the Gnome 2.* translations
don't really need to care about it (because any translation is
dependend on translation of core libraries, such as Gtk+, libgnome and
others, without which there will be partial translations at best).  I
see only two options: remove it from the status pages, or set it to
gnome 2 branch.

Btw, as menthos already pointed out, it won't even work for many
languages at all, because of lack of Pango support.

I also think that Gtk+ 1.2 couldn't handle UTF-8 (if I remember
correctly), and most translations are commited in such a way.

Has anyone actually put this to test to check if it works as expected
for at least some languages (those that don't depend on Pango)?

Cheers,
Danilo