Re: gnome-games

Callum McKenzie <callum@physics.otago.ac.nz> writes:

> No, it shouldn't be translated. These strings will be replaced with
> text generated with either numbers or other text which has already been
> translated. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to tell glade not to
> mark a label for translation or how to provide a comment for translators
> in glade. Any better solutions about how to handle this are welcome.

I just posted a patch to new intltool list to allow comments for
translators in XML files:
  http://pdx.freedesktop.org/pipermail/intltool/2004-January/000001.html

It's easy to extend to support Glade files as well, but I don't want
to rush it off now, and introduce a bug like I did with my last patch
for intltool.

OTOH, there is a problem because Glade discards hand-made comments in
files once you edit them with it.  I don't know how to solve that,
except to ask developers to reinsert all comments after editing
dialogs, which surely sucks.

Also, this approach would require translators to have the latest
intltool, or to use status pages because that's where a latest
intltool is quite probable.

Cheers,
Danilo