Re: GUADEC 2004 and talks

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 12:57, Christian Rose wrote:

> I'm writing this as I believe we certainly need more translators to
> attend GUADEC. The GNOME Translation Project has a lot of contributors,
> but unfortunately only a very small percentage of those ever show up on
> the conference. The more we are represented, the better we can put focus
> on, discuss, and solve translation related issues. And it's also an
> excellent oppurtunity to finally meet in person all those people you've
> only seen the names and nicknames of on mailing lists, CVS, and on IRC.
I am hoping to make it.
Besides Gnome I like talking global politics and injustices how we must
account for them.

Would this be a good subject to talk about?

> I'm very well aware that many translators won't be able to attend due to
> the costs of travelling to Europe, or that the time for the conference
> may be in conflict with other things planned. All I'm hoping for is that
> as many translators as possible seriously consider coming to GUADEC and
> Norway this time.

Danilo has pointed this out already but it is worth mentioning again
that the restriction of movement issue is a real point to consider if
wondering why there are less GTP members.

But I hear the royal Norweigian embassies are  among the more civilised
european diplomatic agencies.

Best regards,

Ramanan