Hello from NZ

I've just subscribed to the list.  I'm putting together a
Debian/GNOME-based distribution for native Māori (mi_NZ) speakers,
however I notice there is no existing translation team for that
language.
Pretty much everything is in place except for the translations at this
point; the locale support, GDK keymap, even an OpenOffice.org/MySpell
dictionary.  I have a couple of volunteers who will be able to provide
the actual translations, I just need to handle the technical side of
things.
Any advice, tips, or help in getting things organized will be greatly
appreciated.  I have got a bit of a start on reading the docs, but my
brand-new daughter is slowing things down a bit.

John C Barstow