Re: new GOK translatable strings visible

Christian Rose wrote:

>Translator comments won't be extracted by xgettext unless they are on
>the line *immediately preceding* the line with the gettext call.

Thanks Christian: that is indeed the problem in most if not all of the
cases.
I hope to fix that in the next week.

Is there hope for extracting translator comments from XML in the near
future?  Or is there another way we can provide translator comments for
the XML localizable strings in the meantime?  I'd be willing to maintain
a separate .h file for this purpose if necessary, containing only the
"hard-to-translate" strings, or perhaps there's a better way involving
the .h files which intltool-update already produces (and deletes)?

regards

- Bill