Re: Klingon localization of GNOME (was Re: Localisation Guide)

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 18:23, Arafat Medini wrote:
> As being a star trek fan I would never accept klingon gnome without a
> decent klingon font...

>From <http://www.alphabets-world.com/klingon.html>:

"The Klingon alphabet (or tlhIngan pIqaD, the latinized form of Klingon)
is the creation of an unknown inventor at Paramout. In the Star Trek TV
series and movies, random letters from the alphabet are used for effect.
There is no official mapping of the Klingon letters to the Latin
alphabet, but the one shown below is generally used by tlhIngan pIqaD
enthusiasts. Most people who speak Klingon prefer to use the Latin
alphabet to write it."

>From <http://www.kli.org/tlh/pIqaD.html>:

"The orthography outlined when we talked about the sounds of Klingon
<http://www.kli.org/tlh/sounds.html> is the "official" writing system,
designed by Marc Okrand when he invented the language."

> And so a klingon font is a must for a trekkie to get the
> feeling.

And make the text unreadable to most readers. Can you read that
alphabet?