Re: Translation problems and bad strings

Ar 08/01/2004 am 09:32, ysgrifennodd Åsmund Skjæveland:
> In C code, the programmer can add comments to explain tricky strings to
> the translators. Is there any way to do this in schema, foo-ui.xml, or
> Glade files? (If there is, I can file bugs requesting that this feature
> be used.)

As far as I'm aware: no. This is obviously highly desirable. I imagine
all the above formats could be handled similarly (since they are all
XML), and I imagine the right place to do it would be intltool. I think
it would be feasible to turn an XML comment (<!-- -->) in the XML file
into a comment in the PO file.

If such a functionality is ever implemented, it would be a good idea to
file bugs to get it used, especially in situations such as the one you
mentioned.

--
Dafydd