Re: translator_credits (was Re: Translation problems and bad strings)

Ar 04/01/2004 am 20:47, ysgrifennodd Görkem Çetin:
> Would it be better to use both translator_credits and translator_emails
> on seperate entries? This is the case with KDE translation system. One
> may end up with confusion whether to insert only the 'name surname' or
> 'name surname <email>' or 'name surname email', or maybe 'name
> surname\nemail web_url' etc. I suppose we should direct the translators
> about the usage.

There isn't a standard, as far as I know, but I think the following
format is generally acceptable: a list of names, in no particular order,
each optionally followed by an email address in angle brackets,
seperated by newlines. Example (taken from the Guide):

msgid "translator_credits"
msgstr
"Telsa Gwynne <hobbit@aloss.ukuug.org.uk>\n"
"Dafydd Harries <daf@muse.19inch.net>"

The newlines are important so that the list appears nicely in the
Help/About dialogue. It's fine to leave the email address out if you
wish.

--
Dafydd