Re: translator_credits (was Re: Translation problems and bad strings)

>On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 04:32:57PM +0330 or thereabouts, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
>

>>>translator_credits
>>>

>>How should one translate this exactly? Are there any recommendations?
>>

>We just grepped the other completed po files and copied. In the
>doc which Daf and I put together (coming soon to a CVS repo near
>you), we currently have
>
>         This is where you put
>         your name(s), so the world can see. The typical format is
>         to put a list of names and email addresses on separate lines,
>         with the URL of any team page. Don't forget to do this one :)
>

>Looking at gnome-terminal po files, nearly everyone has done
>something like that. If there is more than one person, there
>tends to be a \n at the end of each line.

Hi

Would it be better to use both translator_credits and translator_emails
on seperate entries? This is the case with KDE translation system. One
may end up with confusion whether to insert only the 'name surname' or
'name surname <email>' or 'name surname email', or maybe 'name
surname\nemail web_url' etc. I suppose we should direct the translators
about the usage.

Regards
Görkem