Re: Translations, GNOME and KDE

> I don't know if I am right or not, but it seems like the KDE project is
> promoting it's language support a lot more that the GNOME project. This
> might just be because KDE has a large user base in multi-lingual Europe,
> but I am sure we can do more on the PR side.
>
> This could attract more users and more translators as well :-)
>
> I don't know whether KDE call translations supported when the coverage
> is between 98%-100% - but if so maybe we should do that same.

95% of all statistics... :)

KDE essentials:
kdebase = 7726
kdelibs.po = 3149
desktop_kdelibs.po = 545
desktop_kde-i18n.po = 68

totals: 11488/37901 (+8116 from koffice)

Thresholds (see bottom of stats):
  kdebase - 75%
  kdelibs.po - 90%
  desktop_kdelibs.po - 75%
  desktop_kde-i18n.po - 75%

Gnome essentials are:
developer-libs = 2958
desktop = 13112

totals: 16070/63309 (number of non-essential are taken from 2.6, 56217 if
you exclude office)

--
Tomas