Re: Nautilus UI change
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- Cc: Dave Camp <dave ximian com>, Christian Rose <menthos gnome org>,GNOME Release Team <release-team gnome org>,GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>,GNOME Documentation List <gnome-doc-list gnome org>, seth gnome org
- Subject: Re: Nautilus UI change
- Date: 24 Feb 2004 08:50:39 +0100
On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 08:31, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 01:06, Dave Camp wrote:
> > Attached is the current ui-changing patch (I committed most of the
> > mechanism to HEAD already). The text changed a bit from what seth last
> > suggested to me, so I'm Ccing him for comments on the actual text.
> Had a quick look at the patch and it looks good. The i18n and docs
> people are the ones who need to approve this, really. But it does look
> like something we need to get in.
> Just to give you one last hoop to jump through - could briefly explain
> what exactly the security issue is so people can use that info when
> making their decision?
The user could be fooled into opening the wrong kind of file because the
file had one type of extension, but was really of another kind. And the
wrong kind of file could potentially exploit a vulnerability or whatever
to do something nasty.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
He's a jaded crooked romance novelist with a passion for fast cars. She's a
psychotic thirtysomething traffic cop on her way to prison for a murder she
didn't commit. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev