en_CA Proposal

Canadian English does not fit neatly within any of the other i18ns. It
is halfway between the Queen's English and American English. Case in
point: in Canada, one uses a dialog box to customize fibre colours.

If there is interest in this, I am willing to manage the process. I have
contacted no other potential translators, but I have no concerns about
finding participants.

My hesitation is that I am not emphatic about the concept of Yet Another
Localized English (Mis)spelling project. However, until it's possible to
say, "Use en_CA, and fall back on en_GB, and then fall back on C," it
makes sense to me to allow support for Canadian English.

I am interested in hearing the GNOME i18n's thoughts on the relevance
and merits of this concept.

# Adam

p.s. Note the lack of "eh?" jokes. Their insertion is left as an
exercise for the responding party.

--
Adam Weinberger
adam@vectors.cx // adamw@FreeBSD.org // adamw@magnesium.net