Re: Unicode Fonts and Vera

Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> Kaixo!
>
> On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 11:58:04PM +0000, Sander Vesik wrote:
>
>>Vera does not contain the combining variants of the accents. even if it
>>did, the support for using such is in general really crappy.
>

> Vera has glyphs for the combining accents (well, for some of them);
> if you open the file with pfaedit you'll see them.
> I don't know if they are accessible though (they seem to be encoded as
> "unknown glyph")

No. Vera has spacing modifier letters, which are non-combining. Please
read the chapter 7 pdf of the unicode standard. The spacing modifier
cahracters are in the range 0x02BF-0x02ff (Vera does have glyphs in this
range) are independen and not combining. The combining diacritical marks
are in general (some scripts have their own special range, like for
example hebrew) in the range 0x300-0x036F and Vera has no glyphs in that
range. Like you said - it is very easy to verify.