Re: Galician (gl)

El vie, 06-02-2004 a las 22:46, jose antonio s.a. escribió:
> El vie, 06-02-2004 a las 21:23, Carlos Perelló Marín escribió:
> > El vie, 06-02-2004 a las 21:14, jose antonio s.a. escribió:
> > > Hello:
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > >  I've translated several gnome package (gnome-1.4 printer_applet,
> > > clock...), sodipodi and others.
> > > We are a non-lucrative asociation with financial support and our
> > > target is to translate as soon as possible gnome-2.4 (and gnome-2.6
> > > later) to Galician
> > >  This is our absolutely prioritary branch:
> > >         desktop
> > >         gnome-2.4
> > > Later:
> > >         - office
> > >         - extras
> > >
> > > Where/whom  could i sent translated packages?
> >
> > I think you should start with GNOME 2.6, it will be out in about one or
> > two months and GNOME 2.4 will not have new releases (perhaps small ones
> > to fix bugs but your work could be wasted without sense because you
> > don't know if they will be released).
> We can help Gnome 2.6, but our priorities are 2.4.

I think you did not understood me correctly.

If you translate GNOME 2.5 those translations will not be used ever
because no new tarballs with your translations will be released.

IMHO It's a waste of resources. Of course it could have sense if you
will add those translations into your own packages as patches but they
will not be available for Debian, RedHat, Mandrake, SUSE, *BSD, "put
here your favorite distribution" if the package maintainer does not add
the translations as a patch.

> > Jesus Bravo Alvarez is the contact we have as the Galician coordinator
> > (http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html), please talk with
> > Jesus and work together.
> >
> > Cheers.
>
> The translation page "www.trasno.net" is offline. I'll try to
> contacto Jesus.
>
> Thanks

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)

Esta parte del mensaje =?ISO-8859-1?Q?est=E1?= firmadadigitalmente