Re: Accelerator Keys

Kaixo!

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 08:07:15PM -0800, Jonas Bonn wrote:
> I'm working on the Tibetan translation of GNOME.  A question:  is it
> possible to translate the accelerator keys?

Yes, but they must be translated using X11 keysym names

> For example, <ctrl>S

You mean "<control>S"

> is normally used as the accelerator for the Save
> command.  Unfortunately, the Tibetan keyboard does not have an "S" key
> because all of the keys have been remapped to Tibetan characters...

For example, tibetan keyboard has the key definitions like this:

      key <AD02> { [      U0F41, U0F91, U0F89  ]        };

So you could translate for example "<control>S" to "<control>U0F41"

However, note that "<control>S" should also work; as you always
have also a latin layout keyboard, so even if not in latin mode,
the key which has the "S" symbol knows it and a "<control>S" will
therefore always work (even if what is sent is actually a
"<control>U0F41", the system knows that "U0F41" and "S" are both on
the <AD02> key and the result is the same)

PS: for keyboard definitions using unicode numeric keysym values
like "0x100####", the symbol to use in the accelerator translation

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Catalan or Esperanto]
[min povas skribi en valona, esperanta, angla aux latinidaj lingvoj]