Re: GNOME Lovers Needed: l10n work for locations database

Hi Keld,

Today at 11:45, Keld JÃrn Simonsen wrote:

> I don't think we have a policy of using American English in the msgid.
> We discussed this before, and I proposed to have a more thorough
> discussion at the Guadec meeting in Krisiansand, but there was no
> meeting on this in Kristiansand. Maybe next time. My suggestion is that
> we continue to use English English, as it is more used around the world.
> and needs less modifications when going from one version of English to
> another.

Look under "Spelling" at:
  http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/grammar.html

So, it is recommended for at least documentation.

OTOH, we already have all the code in U.S. English, and we have en_GB
team (and no en_US team).

Switching now to British English is going to cause many problems for
other translators as well.

Cheers,
Danilo